Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Final day in Cluny

Our last full day in Cluny was occupied by the presentations that we had been preparing during the last two weeks on a specific wine and a specific cheese. We all sat together during our last day of class and presented our choice of wine and cheese along with samples of each, and as far as final exams go, this was probably the most fun I've ever had. We all enjoyed ourselves immensely, and after we celebrated the end of our class together at a restaurant in Cluny with some wine tasting and escargot.


The experiences that I had during this program were some of the most valuable of my lifetime, and to think that five months ago I was convinced that I wasn't going to take this class. Well, I'm very glad that I did. I learned quite a lot about wine and cheese and the part that microbiology plays in their production, I experienced Europe for the first time, and I had an incredible amount of fun. Thank you to the Rutgers Summer Study Abroad Scholarship Committee, and everyone who made the scholarship possible. Without your help, I would have never been able to have this wonderful experience and share it with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment